Mental health is an extremely important factor in a person’s emotional life. When faced with difficulties and challenges, people with good mental health will have a stronger will. Therefore, taking care of your mental health is about creating happiness from within, helping yourself to feel stable and in control of everything better no matter what mood you are in.
1. What is mental health
Mental health is an extremely important factor in a person’s emotional life. According to the definition of the World Health Organization (WHO), mental health is a state in which people are aware of their own abilities, able to cope with normal stresses, work effectively and contribute to the community.
People with good mental health are people who are always positive in thought and know how to control behavior and emotions. When faced with difficulties and challenges, people with good mental health will have a stronger will.
2. What is a person with good mental health
When faced with difficulties and challenges, people with good mental awareness will have a stronger will, always see the positive side of problems and quickly find a solution. Specifically, people with good mental awareness will have the following characteristics:
- Always feel excited to start a new day.
- Feeling excited when starting a new task or job.
- Be confident when you look at yourself in the mirror.
- Smile often and communicate well with those around you.
- Can think positively, and see the good side even when in a negative situation.
- Eat well, sleep well and rarely be depressed for more than a day.
- Strong will and overcome difficulties easily.
- mental health care
- Taking care of mental health is about creating happiness from within
3. Signs of mental illness
For people with mental illness, always having a negative mentality causes many obstacles to themselves. Even long-term unstable mental health also adversely affects physical health, reduces the ability to handle work, and affects relationships. Common characteristics of people with unstable mental health are:
- Not wanting to get out of bed every morning.
- Not feeling excited about taking on a new job or assignment
- Often just wants to be alone or work alone.
- Often stressed due to pressure from daily work.
- Gets bored easily, gets hurt, and gets angry over little things.
- Feeling tired even though you don’t have any medical conditions.
- People with long-term mental health instability are at risk of psychological diseases or often called mental disorders.
4. Common mental disorders
According to psychologists, mental illness or commonly known as mental disorder is a pathology caused by prolonged mental instability. There are up to 300 different mental illnesses with distinct causes, manifestations, and treatments. Some common mental disorders are as follows:
- Anxiety disorder: With the main signs are overthinking, excessive anxiety, often insomnia, perfectionism, tension headaches, and digestive symptoms such as diarrhea or persistent constipation long,…
- Depressive disorder: Feeling sad or depressed, losing interest in things, getting angry easily for no reason, losing concentration, forgetfulness, having suicidal thoughts or behavior. It is estimated that up to 80% of people will experience a depressive disorder at some point in their lives.
- Bipolar disorder is characterized by erratic and constantly changing emotions.
- Social anxiety disorder, also known as social anxiety disorder, means that the patient tends to be afraid of crowds, and afraid to socialize with others.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): People with this disorder are often very clean, meticulous, and meticulous in everything. The patient is also sometimes obsessed with numbers, expecting reassurance or tormenting relationships…
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): It can be caused by the psychological trauma of the injury or the physical effects of an accident.
- Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder with symptoms of delusions, emotional outbursts, and violent behavior. Schizophrenia needs to be detected early and treated promptly before it is too late.
5. Measures to take care of mental health
Mental health care is one of the measures of comprehensive health care. Taking care of and improving your mental is about creating happiness from within, helping yourself to feel more stable and in control of everything no matter what mood you are in. Understanding what it means to take care of our mental when we find ourselves showing signs of mental illness, instead of hiding from reality, we should find a way to face it bravely to overcome difficult times…
In order to take good care of mental health, it is necessary to simultaneously treat in all three directions: biological measures (medicines, pharmaceutical chemicals), psychological measures, support measures from family, and psychological rehabilitation. society. Because for mental illness, drug treatment alone is not enough, it is necessary to have help from psychotherapists and more importantly, support from family and society.
Good lifestyle to improve mental health
Building a healthy lifestyle is the golden key to fighting mental disorders. Specifically, diet, exercise, and rest to improve mental health are:
+ Eat a balanced and full of nutrients: Good food for mental health such as whole grains, fatty fish, fresh vegetables, and fruits… It’s best to cook at home, and avoid fast food, sweet or fried food to ensure food safety, and avoid digestive disorders.
+ Exercise gently and in moderation. The ideal subjects for improving mental health very well are meditation and yoga, which help to stabilize mood and balance emotions. You should maintain regular exercise, at least 5 times/week.
+ Schedule time for relaxation to rebalance your personal life. Make it a habit to go to bed on time and get enough sleep about 7-8 hours a day to let the body recover energy.
Psychotherapeutic methods for mental health care
Through talking with a psychologist about thoughts, feelings, and experiences, patients will be able to release their psychology and treat mental illness more easily. Psychologists will be those who listen without judgment. From there, the patient will be suggested the best solution to overcome difficulties and challenges.
6. Give yourself a special gift
Good mental health not only helps you to be full of energy every day but also makes those around you feel positive things. If you want to know more information, please refer to Happyinktee‘s articles immediately.