Easter day is one of the most important holidays in the Christian calendar. This is also a special cultural feature that international students should learn about. In this article, Happyinktee will share with you what Easter day is and what’s interesting about Easter day!
How was the Resurrection of Jesus Christ?
Simply put, Easter day is the Feast of the Resurrection. Considered one of the most important holidays of the year according to Christianity.
Usually takes place in March or April every year (calculated as the Sunday between March 22 and April 25) commemorating the day Jesus rose from the dead after being crucified. This is what Christians believe happened around this time in the 30s and 40s C.E.
According to the New Testament, Jesus is God and he had the power to lay down his life to redeem mankind and restore it. That’s why, after he died, he came back to life. Easter day is also used to refer to a season of the liturgical year called the Easter Season, which lasts 50 days from Easter to Pentecost. These days, according to canon law, Catholics reduce entertainment and entertainment, reduce public displays, and weddings. For Christianity alone, Easter marks the end of 40 days of fasting from meat and penance.
When does Easter day take place and how is it calculated?
The calculation is quite complicated, the details of the calculation are as follows:
Easter day will fall on the first Sunday after the full moon of the Northern Hemisphere’s vernal equinox (after March 21). Thus, Easter will fall between March 22 and April 25 of the solar calendar. Because both the solar and lunar calendars are applied (full moon days), it is necessary to use both types of calendars.
This is the method prescribed since the 4th century AD. To make it easier to remember, you can view the full moon day before April 25. On which week the full moon day of the lunar calendar falls, that Sunday is Easter
Important dates in the Easter season
- Palm Sunday: The beginning of the Easter season is Palm Sunday, telling the story of Jesus seeing off to Jerusalem before his crucifixion. When Jesus came here, the people here used palm branches to wave. Churches have since had a tradition of using palm leaves during their holidays.
- Holy Saturday: Holy Saturday is the day Jesus lay in the tissue after being crucified. Also being a public holiday in some parts of the US, Australia, and the West, government offices are still closed while shops are open for limited hours. Churches do not have a special ceremony on this day, but the day is famous for naming ceremonies and weddings.
- Easter Sunday: This day celebrates the resurrection of Jesus, so Easter Sunday is a joyful event according to the Christian calendar. Churches are filled with flowers and yellow and white decorations, and choirs also sing special choirs. Children were given chocolate eggs as a gift and participated in a game of finding eggs with colorful makeup in the top houses. As a national holiday, all businesses are closed, subject to state and territory regulations.
- Easter Monday: Easter day Monday is the last day of the Easter-related holiday. Most businesses and cases remain closed. While this is the final anniversary of the resurrection of Jesus, many people use the day to attend events or host family meals.
What do people usually do on Easter day?
- Fasting and abstinence from meat: rather, it is a vegetarian and a meat-free diet. Catholics on Ashes Day and easter Sunday 2023 before Easter must abstain from meat, junk food, and unnecessary satisfaction. Any excess resources are often donated to the poor or donated to the church.
- Arrange the leaves taken from the Palm Festival: Various shapes, depending on the skill of each person.
- Way of the Cross: see 12 pictures depicting each stage of Jesus from his arrest to his death.
- Foot washing: taken from a biblical story that before Jesus was arrested, he washed the feet of each of his disciples. And told everyone to wash each other’s feet regardless of position.
- Animation of the crucifixion: usually in areas with a large number of believers or in countries with a large Catholic population. The animation is based on the story from the time Jesus was arrested until his death.
Easter day is one of the best holidays to give gifts
Giving gifts on Easter day to send each other many messages, the meaning is to know how to try to overcome difficulties and obstacles in life, to know how to live in the right way, not to do evil, to be right. In addition to typical gifts like easter eggs, there are many interesting and useful gifts that everyone should refer to.
He Is Risen Cross Jesus Easter Day Christians True Story Best T-Shirt
If you are looking for a trending and comfortable T-shirt for a long day on easter day, this product perfectly fits your requirements.
The sharing from Happyinktee about Easter day – one of the most important holidays of the year, helps you better understand Easter day as well as interesting things about this holiday. Don’t forget to buy yourself beautiful costumes to welcome the big events of the year